Gram Flour ( Besan) - 200 gms
Sugar - 600 gms. (3 cup)
Small Cardamom - 7-8 (peel and beat it)
Ghee or refined oil - to fry
1. Sieve the gram flour in a separate bowl. Take 200 gms of gram flour and mix it well in the 1/2 cup water. Keep on adding water to make a thin batter, but keep it mind that it should not be too thin. The batter should be lump free and should also drip drop by drop when kept on the perforated spoon. Whisk the batter for 5-6 minutes till it gets sticky. Keep the batter covered for 10-15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile you can prepare sweet syrup to make Sweet Bonde. Put sugar in a pan and pour water half the quantity of sugar into it (or 1 1/2 cup water) and keep it on a medium flame. Once the water starts boiling add 1 table spoon milk to it. Once the milk gets mixed well into the syrup a layer of dirt will rise up on the vessel. Take it out with a spoon to make syrup clear. Check the syrup by dropping a little on a plate and feel it between your forefinger and thumb. If it is sticky the it the syrup is ready. The syrup should be clear and sticky. If you think it's ready then add some cardamom into it. You can also sieve the syrup.
3. Now take a broad pan and heat some refined oil or ghee into it. Put one pinch of batter into the oil to test whether the oil is well heated. If the Bonde rises up instantly into the oil, then the oil is ready to fry the Bonde ad if not, then wait for a while so the oil heats up a little more.
4. After that, hold the perforated spoon a little above the pan and pour 2-3 spoon of batter on the spoon. This batter will then drop into the pan in the form of small circular droplets. You can also tap the edge of spoon to allow small droplets to fall into the pan. Stir the Bonde in the pan with the spoon and fry them till they changes colour and are crispy. Take them out of the pan with the help of a deep perforated spoon and drop them in the syrup.
5. Make as many Bonde as you can with the batter and dip them into the syrup. Within few minutes the syrup will coat Bonde making them smooth. Keep on turning the bondes in the syrup to coat each and every Bonde. Add few cashews or raisins in the syrup to enhance its taste.Sweet Bonde is ready to eat.