The jalebi's are made using Chana/Paneer more or less like Gulab Jamun but jalebis are little rich in chana and has great taste.
Milk 4 cups (full fat milk/whole milk)
Lemon Juice from 2 lemons
Cardamom Powder 1/4 tsp
Baking Powder 1/4 tsp
Milk 1-2 tsp
All Purpose flour/Maida 2-3 tsp
Oil to deep fry
Pistachios 4-5 for garnish
1. Boil milk in a heavy bottom pan; once it starts boiling add the lemon juice. Keep stirring, until the milk starts to curdle and let the whey water become clear.
2. Line a sieve with a cheese or cotton cloth. Pour the curdled milk into it. Wash the Strained Chana/ Paneer under running water to remove the strains of lemon juice added. Place the sieve on a bowl and set it aside for 30 minutes until all the water has been drained out.
3. Remove the paneer from the cloth and transfer it to a plate. Add flour, baking powder, cardamom powder, milk and knead well to smooth dough. After that cover it with a cloth/cling wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes(this way it helps you to get a smooth & perfectly shaped rolls/jalebis).
4. Meanwhile prepare sugar syrup, in a wide pan take Sugar, Water, saffron and cardamom pods and bring it to boil. Let it boil in a low flames until the syrup becomes little sticky.After that switch of the stove and set aside.
5. Now start shaping the jalebis, Pinch small balls out of the dough and roll the ball into a long thick rope. Shape the rope into a pretzel or just a swirl. Do repeat the same for all the dough and keep shaped jalebis ready.
6. Heat oil in pan to deep fry the jalebis. Once the oil get heated, add shaped dough one by one and deep fry in medium heat until it turns to nice golden brown. Then remove it from the oil using slotted spatula and add it to the warm sugar syrup. Let it rest for 2-3 hours. That’s it. Delicious Chanar Jalebi ready to relish.