Coconut - 1 large
Khoya - 250gm
Semolina - 6 tbsp
Ghee or oil - for deep frying
Sugar - 300gm
1. Grate the coconut and khoya; grind together in a mixer without water till smooth.
2. Put on medium heat in a karahi. Cook, stirring, till well mixed and the mixture leaves the sides of the karahi.
3. Add the semolina. Stir to mix well and remove. Keep aside till lukewarm.
4. Dived into 35-40 small balls and shape them like tikias. Let them cool.
5. Heat oil or ghee in a karahi and deep fry the cold tikias, a few at time. Do not fry while the tikias are still hot, or they will break.
6. Prepare a syrup with sugar and I cup of water till it reaches a one- thread consistency.
7. Put the fried coconut tikias into the syrup.
8. Serve after an hour.
Bangla Ranna: An Introduction to Bengali Cuisine: Satarupa Banerjee
Publisher: Orient Longman