300 gm dates
250 gm sugar
Juice of 2-3 lemons
2-3 dried red chili
1 teaspoon panch-phoran
25 gm cumin seed
Salt to taste
2 tablespoon mustard oil
A cup of water
1. Heat the tawa and roast the cumin seed and ground it and
keep in a air-tight container.
2. Heat the pan, and make thick syrup with sugar & a cup of water.
3. Add dates and stir it properly.
4. When the mixture becomes thick and dense, turn off the gas and keep aside.
5. Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the dried red chili and panch phoran.
6. Sprinkle the sautéed spices on top of the dates mixture.
7. Sprinkle the lemon juice and mix all the ingredients properly.
8. The dates pickle is ready to use.