1 tsp garlic (lasan) paste
5 cup mutton stock
1 tsp ginger (adrak) paste
1/2 cup ghee
1/2 tsp black pepper (kali mirch)
2 cups tomato (tamatar) puree
salt (namak) to taste
2 medium onion (pyaj) sliced
20 green chilies
1 tsp red chili powder
1 kg meat
1/2 kg wheat (gehun)
1. Soak the wheat in water for seven to eight hours.
2. In a wide pot mix in wheat, salt and 1 1/2 liter water and stir fry it on medium flame till tender.
3. Take another pot, mix in meat, salt, whole green chilies, ginger, garlic paste, red chili powder, black pepper powder and tomato puree and stir fry it till soft.
4. When the meat is soft then use a chopper to obtain haleem like consistency.
5. Then mix in soft wheat up and stock and stir fry the mixture till it is thick.
6. Heat up oil in a pot and fry the onions till golden brown, pour out it on the harissa.
7. Serve it with lime, cut green chilies, cut ginger and garam masala powder.