Khoya - 500 g
Sugar - 300 g
Meetha Atar - 2 drops
Silver leaf - for decoration
1. Grate the khoya and powder sugar.
2. Combine the khoya and sugar and place on medium heat in a karahi.
3. Cook, stirring continuously, till thick. But the mixture should remain moist.
4. Mix meetha ator with 2 teaspoons of water and add it to the khoya. Mix well.
5. Pour evenly on a greased plate.
6. Decorate with silver leaf.
7. Cut into diamond-shaped pieces and serve.
8. A handful of chopped almonds may be added.
Bangla Ranna: An Introduction to Bengali Cuisine: Satarupa Banerjee
Publisher: Orient Longman