Brinjals - 250g
Fresh fenugreek leaves - 1 large
bunch Mustard oil - 1/3 cup
Mustard paste - 1 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Ginger paste - 2 tsp
1. Pick and wash the fenugreek leaves. Chop the brinjals into small cubes.
2. Heat half the oil in a karahi. Add the brinjals, stir fry till done. Remove.
3. Heat the remaining oil in the same karahi. Add the fenugreek leaves and stir fry till the moisture given out dries up. Fry for another minute.
4. Add the fried brinjal, mustard paste, salt and ginger paste.
5. Mix, stirring well. Cook for 2 minutes.
6. Remove and serve with rice.
Bangla Ranna: An Introduction to Bengali Cuisine: Satarupa Banerjee
Publisher: Orient Longman