Khoya - 250 g
Flour - 2 tbsp
Ghee - ½ cup
Milk - 2 It
Sugar - 400 g
Cardamom powder - ½ tbsp
Rose water - 1 tsp
1. The khoya must be of the soft variety. Knead the khoya and flour together till it is smooth and no lumps remain.
2. Divide the mixture into 50 very small parts and shape into ovals.
3. Heat ghee in a karahi. Remove from heat and add the khoya balls. Stir and put on medium heat again.
4. Fry, stirring, till it turns a light brown. Remove after straining the ghee well. Keep it aside.
5. Combine the milk and sugar; put on heat in a degchi.
6. Cook, stirring, till the milk is reduced to half.
7. Carefully stir in the fried khoya balls and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
8. Add the cardamom powder and rose water and remove.
9. Chill and serve.
Bangla Ranna: An Introduction to Bengali Cuisine: Satarupa Banerjee
Publisher: Orient Longman