A simple recipe where the combination of Chicken and egg make the dish perfect. The recipe is simple but this is the only gravy where chicken and eggs are cooked together. A very tasty and one pot recipe with egg and chicken to satisfy your family. Plain rice is the best with this gravy but plain Roti also can be perfect with the dish.
Rui fish – 2 pieces
Mustard seeds paste – 2 tbsp.
Garlic paste – 1/4 tsp.
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp.
Nigella seeds(kalonji) – 1/4 tsp.
Green chilly – 2
Salt to taste.
Slit green chilly – 2
1. Wash the fish and marinate with 1/4 tsp.of salt and a pinch of turmeric powder. Keep aside for 10 minutes. Adding 1/4 cup of water grind mustard seeds and 2 green chilly into a paste.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan, when hot reduce the heat. Fry the fish until brown on both sides. Remove from oil and keep aside.
3. Add kalonji in the remaining oil, stir fry for 30 seconds.
4. Add garlic, mustard seeds paste and 1/4 cup of water, sauté for 2 to 3 minutes on low flame. Add 11/2 cups of water and salt, let it bring to boil.
5. Add the fried fish and 3 slit green chillis and cook on medium flame until there is no liquid left (stir occasionally).
6. Delicious Shorshe Rui is ready. Serve it with steamed Rice.
Photo & Content: www.cookingenuff.com