Festivals of Bengal are incomplete without sweet. Simui-er Payesh is a simple traditional sweet dish (Simui-er payesh), which can easily be prepared at home. Even novice home maker can also prepare this recipe and surprise their near and dear ones.
Simui/Vermicelli/ Sevai - 1 cup
Ghee - 2 teaspoon
Milk - 1 litre
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Smashed Green cardamom(Elaichi) - 4 pcs
Bay leave - 1
Roasted cashew (Optional) - 10 -15 grm.
Raisins (Optional) - 10 – 15 grm.
1. Boil 1 litre milk and make it condense and keep aside. Now heat ghee in a wok and add bay leaves.
2. Fry vermicelli in ghee and add milk into it slowly.
3. Keep stirring it. Vermicelli should be cooked properly in milk. When it is almost cooked, add sugar and keep stirring.
4. Now smash green cardamom and add into it.
5. Turn off the gas and garnish with roasted cashew and kismis. Keep it in freeze and serve it cool.