1-1/4 cup Besan (gram flour)
1-1/4 cup Maida (all-purpose flour)
1-1/2 cup Water
2 tbsp Milk
250 gms Ghee
2-1/2 cups Sugar
1/2 tsp Cardamom seeds (crushed coarsely)
2 tsp Charmagaz
4 Inches square pieces of thin polythene sheet
1. Mix maida and besan properly.
2. Take a heavy saucepan and heat ghee in it.
3. Add flour mixture and roast on low heat until light golden.
4. Cool a little, stirring occasionally.
5. Make syrup of sugar, water and milk.
6. Bring syrup to 2-1/2 thread consistency.
7. Pour it into the flour mixture.
8. Beat properly with a large fork until the mixture forms thread like flakes.
9. Transfer onto a greased surface and roll to 1 inch thickness.
10. Add the charmagaz seeds and cardamom. Push down with palm.
11. Cut into 1 inch squares, when cool.
12. Wrap separately into square pieces of thin polyethene sheet.
13. Store Soan Papri in an airtight container.