4 skinned Chicken Quarters
2 tblsp Lemon Juice (Nimbu Ka Raas)
1 Garlic Clove (Lasun)
1 inch piece peeled and coarsely chopped Fresh Ginger (Adrak)
1 Green chilli (Hari mirch)
1 tblsp Water
4 tblsp Natural Yogurt (Dahi)
1 tsp Grouna Cumin (Jeera)
1 tsp Garam masala
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Salt (Namak)
A few drop of Yellow Food Colouring
2 tblsp melted Ghee
Onion (Pyaj) rings
1. Make 3-4 cuts in each chicken quarter using a knife.
2. Put the chicken in an ovenproof dish.
3. Combine lemon juice.
4. Rub it into the incisions.
5. Cover it.
6. Let it marinate for about 30 minutes.
7. Combine garlic, ginger and green chilli and water in a blender.
8. Grind to make a smooth paste like mixture.
9. Combine the paste to yogurt, ground cumin, garam masala, paprika, salt, food colouring and the melted ghee.
10. Mix all the ingredients well.
11. Spread them over marinated chicken pieces.
12. Coat the pieces with the yogurt marinade.
13. Cover it.
14. Let it marinate at room temperature for about 5 hours.
15. Turn once or twice maximum.
16. Place chicken in a oven at 325 F.
17. Let it roast for 1 hour.
18. Bast frequently and turn once.
19. The chicken should be tender and most of the marinade should be evaporated.
20. Then grill the chicken over hot charcoal.
21. Garnish it with lemon wedges and onion rings.