1 kg green mango (cut in big pieces)
25 gm cumin seed (whole)
25 gm panch-phoran
25 gm turmeric powder
25 gm red chili powder
Salt according to taste
400 gm mustard oil
1. Heat the tawa and roast the cumin seed & panch-phoran and ground it and
keep in a air-tight container.
2. Marinate the mango pieces with turmeric powder & salt.
3. Keep the marinated mango pieces under the sun for 2-3 day.
4. After 2-3 days keep the sun-dried mango pieces in a glass jar.
and pour cumin-panch phoran powder, Salt to taste and mustard oil.
5. Close the jar properly and shake it well.
6. Keep it for 1 month and place it under the sun everyday.
7. After a month enjoy the pickle with Plain rice, Masoor dal or Puffed rice.