2 cups urad dal
3 cups sugar
300 ml. water
1/2 tsp. cardomom ground
500 gms. ghee to fry
1. Soak urad dal overnight in plenty of water.
2. Wash and drain. Grind to fine thick batter. Put water little by little.
3. Add colour and mix very well.
4. If using a mixie, beat the dal well by hand till fluffy after grinding.
5. Keep aside for 3 hours. More is weather is cold.
6. Make 1 tar sugar syrup as shown in introduction.
7. Add cardomom powder to syrup.
8. Using either an imarti bottle (with nozzle) or cloth as shown in note, form imartis in the hot ghee. Lower flame and allow to crisp turning once.
9. Remove from ghee, drain and dip in hot syrup.
10. Soak for 3-4 minutes, drain and serve.