Milk - 2 lt
Lime juice - 2 tbsp
Sugar - 200 g
Thick unsweetened kheer - 200 g
1. Boil the milk. Add the lime juice. The milk will curdle and separate into whey.
2. Strain and hang up in a muslin cloth till all the whey drains out. This will give you a soft paneer.
3. Mix paneer, sugar and kheer in a blender.
4. Pour into a greased container.
5. Cover with aluminium foil.
6. Steam in a pressure cooker for 15 minutes.
7. Let the pressure come down on its own.
8. Take out; cut into pieces.
9. Chill and serve.
Bangla Ranna: An Introduction to Bengali Cuisine: Satarupa Banerjee
Publisher: Orient Longman