Food in Kalimpong is diverse ranging from nepali, tibetan to chinese delicacies. Chhurpi , a kind of hard cheese made from yak's or chauri's (a hybrid of yak and cattle) milk. Chhurpi is also used sometimes chewed. Chhurpi is a traditional cheese consumed in the Himalayan region mainly in Kalimpong, Nepal and Tibet
250 g - chhurpi
1 - tomato, sliced
1 - onion, chopped
3 - green chillies, sliced
1 tbsp - Ginger (grated)
1/2 tbsp - paanch phoran
1/4 tbsp - Turmeric powder
1 tsp - salt
1. Heat oil. Fry paanch phoran and add the chopped onion till it becomes golden brown.
2. Add finely sliced and grated ginger, tomatoes, season with chhurpi, and add salt.
3. Stir and fry till oil separates.
4. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
5. Serve hot with cooked rice.
Data & Image Source: www.bawarchi.com