Tiger prawns - 6
Onion juice - 2 tbsp
Garlic juice - tbsp
Vinegar - ¼ cup
Salt - to taste
Egg - 1
Dry breadcrumbs - 1 cup
Refined oil - 1 cup
1. Shell the prawns, leaving the tail tips on. Devein, and discard the heads.
2. Slit the prawns lengthwise, but do not cut through. Flatten the prawns slightly with the back of a knife.
3. Marinate prawns in onion-garlic juice, vinegar and salt for an hour or even longer, if time permits.
4. Take out the prawns from the marinade, dip in the beaten egg and coat uniformly with bread crumbs.
5. Let prawns remain thus for I 5 minutes.
6. Heat oil in a karahi. Shake off the excess crumbs from the prawns; fry two at a time till golden-brown.
7. Serve immediately with a chutney and a salad.
Bangla Ranna: An Introduction to Bengali Cuisine: Satarupa Banerjee
Publisher: Orient Longman