6 (steak) pieces of king fish or hilsa, cleaned
2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp salt (adjust to taste)
2 tbsp lime juice
1. Mix the cleaned fish pieces with the rest of the ingredients and let marinate for 4 hours.
2. Heat a pan and add about 1/2 cup oil. Shallow fry the fish in medium-low heat until both sides are charred but not completely fried up. Be gentle when turning the fish over.
3. This fish fry recipe can be used as a base for you to add on to. You can add more masala powders, pepper powder, ginger garlic paste, etc.
4. Serve with dal and steamed rice for a simple meal. It won't be too spicy or heavy.
5. Serve with freshly sliced onions and lemon.
Photo & Content: www.cookingandme.com