500 gms white fish fillets
1 tbsp chilli powder
4 tbsp yellow mustard seeds
4tbsp khus khus seeds
1tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 green chillis, split in the Middle
1cup tomato puree
1tbsp fenugreek seeds
4tbsp Mustard oil
1. Wash the fish fillets thoroughly and pat each piece dry with a kitchen towel.
2. Sprinkle the fish with turmeric powder and salt and mix well to ensure that each piece is coated well.
3. Keep aside for half an hours
4. Heat the Mustard oil in a till it reaches smoking point. Fry the fish lightly till it is golden brown on both the side.
5. Grind the soaked mustard seeds and poppy seed to a smooth and creamy paste.
6. heat oil in a askillet. Add the methi seeds, green chilies and the red chili power to the oil.
7. Next add in the pureed tomatoes and saute for a couple of minutes till the oil starts to separate.
8. Add in the mustard seed pate to the tomato puree and mix in well. Leave to simmer for 8-10 minutes.
9. Add about 1 cup of water, bring to a boil and put to simmer. Drop in the fish Pieces and simmer for a few more minutes till the gravy thickens.
10. Serve with freshly prepared plain rice.