This mexican rice is a quick version and very easy to make. It has ingredients which are readily available. All age groups will surely relish this recipe. This rice can even be enjoyed in tiffin boxes.
2 1/2 cups cooked rice
2 tbsp oil
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1 tsp garlic (lehsun) paste
1 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1/4 cup boiled rajma (kidney beans)
1/2 cup chopped and boiled mixed
vegetables (french beans and carrots)
salt to taste
1 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till they turn translucent.
2. Add the garlic paste and chilli flakes and sauté on a medium flame for another 1 minute.
3. Add the rajma and mixed vegetables and sauté on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
4. Add the rice and salt, toss well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
5. Add the chilli powder and turmeric powder, toss again and cook on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Serve immediately.