Murir moa or Sweet Crunchy Puffed Rice Balls is a simple and tasty traditional sweet preparation, prepared during the Laxmi Puja festival, made using beaten puffed rice mixed with sugar, corn syrup or jaggery syrup.
6 cups Puffed rice
1 cup sugar
1 tsp Cardamom powder
1 tsp dried ginger
1 cup honey
2 tsp ghee
1 cup dried coconut
1 cup water
1. In a vessel, add water, honey and jaggery and mix together. Simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the honey turns to thread consistency.
2. Add cardamom powder, dried ginger, coconut and remove from heat.
3. Stir the puffed rice into the honey mixture and mix it thoroughly using a spoon until everything is thoroughly coated.
4. When it is warm enough to hold by hand, grease the hand with ghee, take the mixture and roll tightly into a ball. The balls must be made before the mixture cools down completely or spread on a greased plate and let it cool a few minutes and cut into bars.
5. Serve after it has completely cooled.
Data Source: www.teabuds.blogspot.in