Posto/Poppy seeds - 1/2 cup
Potol/Parval - 500 g, halved longitudnally
Onion - 1 small (about 75 g), finely sliced
Green Chillies - 2
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli powder - 1/4 tsp (optional)
Salt - To taste
Mustard Oil - 1 tbsp
White Oil - 2 tbsp
1. For processing the poppy seeds/posto (especially in the US) - soak in 1/2 cup water for at least 6 hours. The more time for soaking, easier is the grinding.
2. Grind as a tight paste with as little water as possible, salt and chillies. Traditionally posto is ground in a sheel nora in India.
3. Rub a pinch of salt and turmeric on cut potol/parval and keep aside.
1. Heat white oil in kadhai.
2. Fry potol till brown and keep aside.
3. To the same oil add onions and fry for 2 min on medium heat.
4. Add turmeric, chilli powder, posto/poppy seed paste and salt. Fry on medium heat for 3-4 min.
5. Then add fried potol/parval. Mix well and remove from heat.
Check out the favorite Posto Bata
Serve hot with rice and dal.