500 gm Koi Fish
50 gm Yogurt
1 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Chili powder
1/2 tsp Cumin powder
1 tsp Ginger paste
6 Green chillies
200 gm Mustard oil
1 Bay leaf
Salt to taste
1. Wash the fish properly and apply salt and turmeric to it, keep aside for a while.
2. Heat oil in a pan and fry the fishes, set them aside.
3. Add remaining oil in the pan and sauté the bay leaf, 2 slit chilies, cumin and ginger.
4. Combine ginger paste, coriander powder, chili powder, turmeric powder with it, mix well.
5. Fry it well till the oil separates.
4. Then add the yogurt. Add a cup of water, salt and the rest of the chilies, stir well.
6. Simmer it in low flame till water almost dries up and the oil gets separated.
7. Remove Tel Koi from the fire.