Sesame seeds - 250 g
Paneer - 250 g
Khoya - 250 g
Sugar - 400 g
Cardamom powder - ½ tsp
1. Pick and clean the sesame seeds. Do not wash.
2. Heat a karahi and put in sesame seeds. Remove from heat and stir continuously for a minute.
3. Place over medium low heat again and stir continuously.
4. Remove when the seeds just start to pop, but continue stirring even when off the heat or the seeds will burn.
5. Let it cool and grind in it the mixer to get a coarse powder.
6. Grind the paneer and khoya together and combine with sugar.
7. Put on heat and stir like the sandesh. A lot of moisture will be given out.
8. Add the sesame-seed powder and cardamom powder. Mix well.
9. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring all the while.
10. Remove while still quite moist.
11. Pour evenly onto a greased plate.
12. Cut and serve when cold
Bangla Ranna: An Introduction to Bengali Cuisine: Satarupa Banerjee
Publisher: Orient Longman