Sometimes you may find boring eating same type fish preparations. Fried, Curry nothing makes you feel good. Then you should try this bhorta one..So yummy with plain, hot steamed rice..
1.Fish – 4 pieces.
2.Yoghurt/curd – 100 grams.
3.Onion – 1 (chopped).
4.Garlic – 4 flakes.
5.Ginger – 5 grams.
6.Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp.
7.Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp.
8.Chilly powder – 1/2 tsp.
9.Green chilly (slit) – 4
10.Green cardamom – 2 (crushed).
11.Cloves – 2.
12.Cinnamon – 1 inch.
13.Sugar –1/4 tsp.
14.Salt to taste.
15.Oil – 50 grams.
1. Wash the fish pieces and marinate with 1 tsp.of salt and a pinch of turmeric powder. Keep them aside for 10 minutes.
2. Whisk curd in a bowl, set aside.
3. Grind onion, ginger, garlic to a smooth paste.
4. In a bowl mix onion-ginger-garlic paste, turmeric-chilly-cumin powder with 1/4 cup of water, keep it aside.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan. When hot reduce heat, fry the fish pieces till light brown on both sides.Remove the pieces from oil and keep in a bowl.
6. In the remaining oil add cardamom,cloves and cinnamon,fry for few seconds. Add the masala mix and saute on slow flame until the raw smell of the masalas goes off.(stirring continuously)
7. Add 1 to 11/2 cup water,sugar and salt, mix well and let it bring to boil.
8. Add fish pieces, cook for 7-8 minutes on medium heat.
9. Add curd to the pan,mix gently and simmer till the gravy thickens.
10. Remove pan from heat,cover and give 10 minutes standing time.
Yoghurt fish is ready to serve.Garnish with green chilly and serve as a side dish with steamed rice,jeera rice,pulao.